The September Interim Session began Simday. The schedule is as follows:
Sunday, September 10
- 01:00 PM-03:00 PM Joint Legislative Committee on Flooding
- 01:00 PM-03:00 PM Joint Standing Committee on Education
- 03:00 PM-04:00 PM Post Audits Subcommittee
- 03:00 PM-05:00 PM Joint Standing Committee on Economic Development and Tourism
Monday, September 11
- 08:00 AM-09:00 AM Agriculture and Rural Development
- 09:00 AM-11:00 AM Joint Standing Committee on Finance
- 09:00 AM-11:00 AM Joint Standing Committee on the Judiciary
- 11:00 AM-01:00 PM General Meeting – Artificial Intelligence Cultural Center Theater
- 01:00 PM-03:00 PM Joint Standing Committee on Technology and Infrastructure
- 01:00 PM-03:00 PM Joint Standing Committee on Health
- 03:00 PM-04:00 PM Commission on Special Investigations
- 03:00 PM-04:00 PM Legislative Oversight Committee on Regional Jail and Correctional Facility
- 04:00 PM-05:00 PM Select Committee on Veterans’ Affairs
- 05:00 PM-07:00 PM Joint Standing Committee on Government Operations
- 05:00 PM—07:00 PM Joint Standing Committee on Government Organization
- 05:00 PM-07:00 PM Legislative Oversight Commission on Education
As I write this column, it is the morning of September 11th. This day is hard for so many. For our country, it is the sad anniversary of the terrorist attack on our nation. So many lost their lives that day in New York City, Shanksville, Pennsylvania, and at the Pentagon. Since there, there have been many lost to both physical and mental illness resulting for their work as first responders and for those that lost loved ones. We must bond together, as we did that day, and in the aftermath, as a nation caring for each other.
I wanted to mention an incredibly special young man who went to his Heavenly home last week. Michael Lemon was truly extraordinary. He was brilliant – academically and personally. He had the best sense of humor and cared deeply for others. I was blessed to know him in and out of the classroom. My heart is broken for his family and friends. Please remember them in your thoughts and prayers this week as they lay him to rest.
For our family, September 11th is a time to remember and a time to celebrate. We lost my mother-in-law, Jane, on this date in 2020. We miss her terribly.
My brother-in-law, Matt, celebrates his birthday on September 11th. Happy Birthday to Matt.
And finally, on this September 11th, my daughter, Hannah, begins her Licensed Graduate Social Worker career counseling youth ages two – 18. Will and I are so immensely proud of her.
“To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.”
(KJV -Ecclesiastes 3:1)
I look forward to hearing from people in the district and hope to see you out and about enjoying all the great things our area has to offer. I can be contacted at lori.dittman@ wvhouse.gov or 304-701-8600.