The Braxton County Commission conducted a brief regular meeting on Friday, December 3.
Susan Lemon, Circuit Clerk spoke to the commission first requesting the purchase of copier from Komax. The Commissioners discussed buying or leasing the copier from the company. Larry Clifton made the motion to approve the lease agreement of $120 per month for 36 months.
Vice President of DataMax Bobby Monroe discussed his business proposal for the collection of delinquent business and personal property taxes. DataMax has been working with several counties and towns throughout the state in collecting past due accounts for the past three years. If payment is collected by his organization, the county will receive 75% of the payment with the remaining 25% going to his company. President Lisa Godwin thanked Monroe for his time and stated she would have the Prosecuting Attorney to review the agreement before making a decision.
Next to speak to the commission was Rodney Pritt on behalf of Flatwoods Canoe Run PSD about the Holly Gray Park Wastewater Collection System Extension. This project has been needed for several years and has been on hold. He noted that the Braxton County Development Authority and the Airport Authority are in the process of writing grants to help move the project forward. Pritt requested the commission approve releasing $250,000 of the American Rescue Plan funds for the preliminary engineering for the project. The request was approved on a motion by Melvin Gum.
John Hoffman, OES/9-1-1/EMS Director informed the commission he would present the November monthly report at the next meeting and he had nothing to discuss at this time.
Under regular business, the commission approved the probate appointments for November on a motion by Larry Clifton.
He also made the motion to approve the correction of erroneous assessments for Cheryl Huffmaster and Vicki and James Carr.
The following purchase orders were approved on separate motions: American Garage Door-garage door repair at 911 Center in the amount of $1,245; Mid-State Chevrolet-4 tires and alignment 2019 Silverado –Sheriff LE for $1,016.55 and 4 tires and alignment 2014 Ford Explorer-Sheriff LE for $793.14; and GST-WV Division-Dell Inspiron Laptop for E911 in the amount of $1,079.93.
Larry Clifton made the motion to approve the resolution designating BC Development Authority as the Lead Economic Development Agency for Braxton County for FY 2021-2022.
On a motion by Melvin Gum, the commission approved to advertise for vacancy on EMS Board.
Invoices for county, P-Card and EMS were approved on a motion by Larry Clifton.
Melvin Gum also made the motion to approve the minutes of the November 19 meeting.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:28 am. The next regular meeting is scheduled for December 17 at 9:00 am.